Monday 28 August 2017

Curiosity

I am taking a little break next week from deadlines and just taking some time to relax and maybe create a couple of pieces just for fun.
After some weeding I decided to use the leftovers on my desk to create this card. The background is created with Distress Oxides Vintage Photo and Black Soot. I did a mono print with Tim Holtz Crossed Layering Stencil to add a further layer of interest to the background.
I had this apeture of the Raven and did not want to just bin it so thought I would add it to my design, adhering it to one of the images from Tim Holtz Regions Beyond Paper Stash. I also added the die cut raven, painted black for further interest and gave hima witches hat. No Raven is complete without a Witches Hat!!
I had these plastic halloween fence type embellishments on my desk and thought I would create a frame for my focal imagery.
I added a few Remnant Rubs and also included some delicate splatters of white paint.
I also included some decorative tape and an Index Clip for added interest.
It was fun to create with items that were just left on my desk.

Have a lovely week. Tracy x x

10 comments:

Redanne said...

How fabulous is this!! The frame you created is brilliant, such a clever idea and I just LOVE the Raven with the hat - a lovely touch! Fabulous background too! Hugs, Anne xx

simo said...

Such a beautiful project Tracy....love how you added the negative of the die cut...it creates a great and interesting background!!! Hugs xxx Simona

Dorthe said...

It looks gorgeous, Tracy, amazing background for your raven , he is wonderful, and the framing of the image inside the negative dye cut is a fantastic idea, -So beautiful.

Hugs, Dorthe

Brenda Brown said...

Brilliant layers coming together to create a most wonderful Halloween piece, love this Tracy xxx

Amanda said...

Great Halloween make, especially love the face through the crow cut out.
Love
Amanda x

Marci said...

Yes! I love the face showing through the Raven die cutout.

Jackie PN said...

I am so digging the layout of this piece Tracy! love the raven and the face coming up from the papers!! Eerie and cool!
Jackie xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Tracy. What a brilliant idea to use the inside of the die cut to frame your image. Very spooky - I love it! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Just love the effect of the raven aperture - haunting! A wonderful leftovers piece - it's great that you had time to just play amidst all your deadlines.
Alison x

A Pink said...

Fabulous use of all those leftover bits - love the face in the raven aperture - inspired and the white broken twig frame .
hugs x