Tuesday 7 November 2017

Eileen Hull Sizzix Book Club Release

Welcome to my monthly post for Eileen Hull. This month we are showcasing Eileen's new Sizzix Book Club Release.
The first piece I am showcasing uses Eileen Hull's Sizzix ScoreBoards L Die - Stamp & Photo Storage. The front panel is from Eileen's Sizzix Scoreboards XL Die - Book and Pages Trinket Box and Frame Die.
The pieces have been die cut from mountboard and I began with a first layer of colour, brayering the colour, in this case Turquoise Heavy Body Acrylic over the mountboard. Use only a light touch so that some of the white areas are still visible.
I then added a second layer of colour, Lime again only using a light touch.
To add some depth to the design I added light touches of Ruby to each die cut piece.
To give a touch of definition to the top piece, I blended Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges.
I only added touches of Ruby Acrylic Paint to my top piece so that stood prominantly from the background piece. I glued and then machine stitched the Storage Box and added some cheesecloth and cotton fibres behind for added texture.
I added some scribbly lines around the front panel and also added a clay face for added interest and dimension.
Friend is from Eileen Hull's Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Floral Arch and Words set. I also created some coordinated cards to add to the box.
I added Remnant Rubs to the face and also included some rusty coiled wire.
This box would be perfect for giving vouchers for a special occassion.
I coloured the clay face with touches of paint, applying the paint with my finger.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be back next week to showcase another piece from Eileen's collection.

Tracy
xxx
 


12 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks fabulous - great use of the dies and your colour choices as ever look amazing! Chrisx

hazel said...

A fabulous project Tracy, I love the colour combo.
xxx Hazel.

Dorthe said...

So wonderful, -fantastic spiritual , with the head, and the many threads, like thoughts coming from the head ! Beautiful in green, the color of hope !!
Hugs , Dorthe xx

brenda said...

So different and so inspirational Tracy and love how you have the red running through the greens.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic project! I am thrilled about the colours and your fantastic design!

Redanne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous colours and fabulous design Tracy, I love this... a lot!! Hugs, Anne xx

Kate Yetter said...

So gorgeous! I am loving all the texture from those fibers. A lovely project!
Kate

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful colour way, always fabulous to see all those finer details you use to embellish your creations, so alluring. Looking forward to the release of these dies, Thank you for sharing. Hugs Tracey xx

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful colors and textures on your box Tracy - love that clay face with the rub on words - a wonderful package for a gift to a friend! Julia xx

A Pink said...

Terrific use of the dies to create a fabulous piece of art that is very typically yours , Tracy . Lovely colour ways and great detail . hugs x

Jackie PN said...

So cool Tracy!!
Love that face and your palette(becoming my fav)
Jackie xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic showcasing of the new die and, as others have said, it's so "you" - I'd have known this was yours anywhere!
Alison x