Tuesday 14 November 2017

Eileen Hull Sizzix Book Club Release

Hi and welcome to my second post of the month showcasing Eileen Hull's Book Club release.
This week I am showcasing the Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die Card Box, Planner Storage and Organiser.
I began by die cutting and assembling the pieces I needed.
I brayered the storage piece with Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylics in Lime and Turquoise.
I then die cut flowers from the coordinating pieces to fit on top of the storage piece using Eileen Hull's Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Thinlits Die. I cut these pieces from 300gsm card.
I then brayered over the top of the die cut pieces with Pyrrole Red DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint. I love how this highlights the embossed areas from the die cutting process.
I then added these die cut pieces on top of the storage piece.
I brayered a second piece with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Pyrrole Red and then die cut more flowers from the painted panel.
I used these flowers to create two dimensional flowers.
This is the reverse side of the storage. I die cut more flowers and added them back into the aperture die cut areas to give further interest and pops of colour. I also added background stamping to a couple of the flowers. 'Moments' is die cut from white card using Eileen Hull's Thinlits Die Floral Arch and Words.
I also created some cards to coordinate to create a gift. I added my flowers to the front of the storage piece and also added friend, again cut using Eileen's Floral Arch and Words Die.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be back next week showcasing further pieces from this fantastic new release.

Tracy
xxx


11 comments:

Pat Crossland said...

Such lush colours Tracy....

brenda said...

Great colours and tutorial Tracy, many thanks for sharing.

B x

eileen hull said...

Beautiful project Tracy! Love how you used the negative space and your nice bright colors ❤️

Cec said...

This is so pretty and I too love how you used both the negative and positive cuts from the flower dies. The brayer makes a lovely blend of the paints. Thanks for sharing your process.
Hugs!
Cec

Redanne said...

Oh wow Tracy, the colours are gorgeous together and I love your use of negative space, it adds so much to the holder and your added flowers are so beautiful. Love this so, so much! Hugs, Anne xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Such an exciting new release and I love what you did here! Very creative and great colours!

Kate Yetter said...

I just love your bright colors! What a great set of cards and storage container. You have showcased this release beautifully!
Kate

Pamellia said...

This is gorgeous Tracy! I am so in love with your colour palette, it's bright and cheery and full of life! Your doodle flowers are wildly fun, and I love how you matched the background flowers and the 3d flowers, fantastic detail!! A really unique and fabulous project! hugs :)

Annie said...

Totally love this Tracy xx Wonderful colours and design....so inspiring...I really must make time to play with Eileen's dies

Sending my best wishes and hugs Annie xx

Jackie PN said...

What a neat new die!
Tracy, I love how you used the flowers dies. That pop of color showing through is excellent!
Jackie xo

couthyquine said...

This is a lovely project.
What are the dimensions of the finished storage box made with this die? I haven’t been able to find this on the sizzix website.